
Here's a picture of Rochester in March. We've actually had some really nice days.
This has been a busy week in New York. We got a new governor, Hannah finished our taxes, I finished another course in school despite my simean crease, we did a 180 on the freeway, we invested in a double-wide stroller at the scout auction, and we replaced our car stereo that was jacked 6 months ago.

The class that we just finished in school was all about genetics and biochemistry. My genetic claim to fame, originally pointed out by my sister who shares the unique feature, is my right-handed simean crease.
Apparently only 5% of the population has a crease in their palm that extends from side to side.
Compare this to my boring left hand with its common discontinous creases.

Last Saturday while traveling to Canandaigua, we hit some ice on the freeway. Our speed at the time is now a matter of controversy; we were going somewhere between reasonable and 75mph, perhaps closer to the latter. Anyway, while changing lanes I lost control and we slid 180 degrees. Fortunately the cars behind us were far enough back that they were able to slow down before catching up. When we stopped we actually ended up in the lane we started in (just facing the wrong direction). With our 2 friends, there were 4 of us in the car; needless to say, we are very glad that everyone is ok. We are confident we were protected in answer to our prayers for safety.
So despite the snow and ice, our car* is still in one piece and Hannah and I enjoy driving:


Our stake held an auction to raise money for Boy Scouts last night, and Hannah and I had some twitchy hands. We got tons of cool stuff. Our best buy was this double-wide stroller. We bid on the stroller figuring that we could clean it and sell it on Craig'sList, so we thought it was funny when we got lots of questions about when our twins are due.
Finally, with our tax refund, spring break, our intact car, and our new stereo, we'll be heading to Kirtland and Ann Arbor for a few days. Thanks to Hannah for working out our taxes and planning a great trip. Stay tuned for pictures from OH and MI.*Please note that car in picture may not actually represent a '97 Accord.
6 comments:
Very glad you're okay. How scary (the 180). Have a great trip!
I'm glad to see a new post! And Brad, your Simean crease pictures made me laugh (especially after our test on Friday). Hope you guys have a fun Spring Break. Drive safe!
Hey...Jonathan and I think I have one of those creases, too, but we're not sure. We'll have to get your expert opinion.
Wow, that crease is something! We are sad that we weren't able to meet up this spring break!
Brad, you make me feel like a pathetic loser because I don't have a crease. Oh well, at least I'm pretty tall...
Brad.. holy crap.. found you and eric.. after all these years... looks like you have been doing great... this is seven.. ringing any bells...
Post a Comment