I was trying to cut it in half but I only managed to get each end off instead. I lightly oiled the cut sides, put them face down on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil, and backed it at 350 for about an hour.
Here is one empty shell next to a full one, it was very soft!
I put it all in a mason jar and blended it in our blender.
I made a small mess but it was fun, and worth it.
Sadly, we did have one fatality. The rubber washer got loose and eaten by the blades before I could save it. I wonder where we can get a replacement?
When the pumpkin was almost done baking I turned the temp down and put in the seasoned seeds. They turned out great!
We ended up with two full cans like these and a bowl full of tasty seeds! It tastes just like babyfood!
So, now I have to make pie and bread and cookies out of it or it will all be for nothing.
P.S. The bread is in the oven as I am writing this!
4 comments:
Wow Hannah, you're quite the Martha Stewart!! Seeing all that pumpkin makes me hungry. YUMM!
What a great idea! I may have to try that. And I love your new title picture with you and Brad in the water, very cute.
If it doesn't make a mess, is it worth it? I'm sure the bread tasted yummy, and so will the pie and the cookies! It makes me hungry just thinking about it. I have a great pumpkin bread recipe if you are interested.
You are so creative! I have never thought to put a mason jar on the blender. Smart girl! Too bad about the ring, though. :) I would love your pumpkin bread recipe.
Post a Comment