02 October 2008

Projects

Ok, these might not be the best pictures, but I am so excited about my recent projects I just had to share.

First of all, after a long summer of weird hair, I finally have something to work with here! This is my self portrait on a good hair day.



Mom gave me this cute flannel last time I was home and I just recently got it out and made something with it. I am most proud of the pillow (made the trim myself!). It's probably not baby-safe but it sure is cute.



And, or course, Jo-Ann's was having a sale so I had to partake. I wanted another fleece blanket, but not the no-sew kind that you tie. I wanted to sew it with yarn like my old one. Little did I know that two layers of fleece is very hard to pull yarn through (no wonder people just tie these). It is still a work in progress. I need to invest in some leather fingertips before I can finish it. Conferencec weekend and another sale at Jo-Ann's should do the trick.



See, it's very cute. It's pink and brown, and I tied it with little pink bows. It will be my couch-napping blanket; in fact, it already is.



In other news: Brad is studying for a final exam in one week. I got the weekend off to enjoy conference with everyone else who enjoys it. It has rained here all week (so much for straitening my hair). The trees are changing and our street looks beautiful; I will post a picture of it as soon as it stops raining long enough to get out there. We have ants in our bathroom, and not the little guys, we have the big, reproductive ones with wings. Also, any ideas on how to get black mold out of grout will be greatly appreciated.

We are doing good; our spirits are high and the holidays are just around the corner!

6 comments:

Carly said...

Cute hair! This is definitely my favorite style on you yet. So, about the mold... I had some in our shower that I tried everything on. The one thing that finally worked was straight bleach. One cap full at a time I saturated the grout where the mold was. Within 5-10 minutes, the mold was gone! Give it a try before buying any expensive cleaners.

Marcy said...

I love the hair too! (I like the length mine is at too--which is about the same as yours :) )And I love fleece blankets for cuddling on the couch!

Randy and Anissa said...

Oh my goodness, cutest hair ever. I'm so excited for you to come home!

Henderson said...

Love the blankets! Curling up under a fleece blanket sounds really great right now. I was at Walmart yesterday and saw some fleece with frog print I thought would be cute for Lucas for a blanket, but easily Dave talked me out of starting a project I had no idea how to complete. The moral: I admire you!

Jodie said...

Your hair is super cute! Love the blanket. Someday I'll learn how to make them. Probably not until I don't have so many "helpers!" (Okay, just the one.)

As for the mold....I agree with Carly. I have soaked paper towels in bleach and set them in the corners of the tub. It will eventually bleach it out. You can also try the bleach pens that you get for laundry.

The Reynolds said...

I enjoy the hair, it is very cute! Plus I wish you were around to help me with my sewing projects! And thanks! Sorry, I've been meaning to tell you and Gina personally, but due to awkward family issues, I figured I'd need to tell them first so that they didn't find out in a round about way, not that it stopped me from bloggin it. So, hopefully you don't feel left out, cause Gina doesn't know! As for the weight, I am 4 months and I just look like I've gained weight, not a cute belly, just chub. But I'll get pictures up!