17 February 2012

Makeover

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
 I have been in a hair funk for several months. Hot irons and grabby-baby hands just don't seem to mix well. Well enough is enough, I am doing more with my hair whether I like it or not. After some careful youtubeing to get ideas on good products and techniques, I purchased this pile of goods as well as a big-fatty curling iron. I want my hair long again, so I didn't really want to cut it but I definitely needed a change.

My thoughts so far:
Love the paddle brush!!! Whoever told me to blow dry with a round brush was nuts. I am sorry for ever perpetuating this falsehood to others as well. I love the paddle brush. It is so much softer on my hair, it is flat so it makes a flat surface to blow your hair against. Which makes my thick-but-fine hair much more manageable. After one time with it, I will never go back to blow drying with a round brush. I always have to flat iron after blow drying, but with the paddle brush I could have left it as it was. I did flat iron to calm down some of the frizz.

 The detangler! Dove brand. I don't usually like to put products in my hair as it gets greasy fast but I am liking the detangler. Just a little (and I can spray it on the brush ) and my hair brushes out very easy, no tangles, no breaking hair. Also, I am going to have to use something on Eliza's hair as it is very fine and wispy, so I thought it could be good for both of us.

 The heat protectant (Got2b) is still an iffy. I don't know if it does anything or is just a scam to get you to buy one more product.

 The Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner are kind of a let down. I have been using Suave Professionals and they lather up way better and smell nice. The Paul Mitchel is kind of just blahh. I'll give it a few more days, but at $10 a bottle I expected it to blow me away.

 Then there is the dry shampoo and the smoothing milk and I haven't tried them out yet. The thinning shears I am excited about but haven't had time to use them yet. That is my exciting life these days. Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

1 comment:

Syd said...

I love the pics. I want to try thinning my hair, but i'm not sure i can do it myself. I love the water painting, It reminds me of us when we were little.