15 September 2009

Oh Fall

I can't believe it. I was walking yesterday and heard the crunch of dried leaves under my feet. I wore a sweatshirt to go running in yesterday morning. We have already closed the windows at night and I am thinking about putting an extra blanket on the bed. What is this? It can't be fall already cause we never even had summer.

Granted, fall is a really beautiful time here. But, all I can think about is winter and COLD. So, for the record, I am not happy that it is cooling off. I would love to send a few more months at the pool, or going out in my flip flops, or eating ice cream in the sunshine. Maybe I should get myself a new coat to help ease the transition, what do you think?

In other news we want to have one more fling outdoors. Anyone want to join us? It means getting all our camping gear dirty and we probably have to bring extra jackets and blankets but it will be worth it.

Also, I made a tasty rhubarb crumble from grandma Hyatt's recipe except I added strawberries from grandma Carter's recipe and I think it turned out great. I hope our kids will be as good a blend as the crumble was. Thanks Grandmas!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I especially like your last paragraph. I'm strangely excited for the cold this year--maybe it's because I love Thanksgiving and Christmas so much!!!