25 November 2007

Our Snowy Thanksgiving

After weeks of preparations and hours slaving away in the kitchen we finally pulled together a meal for the six of us. (not really, we planned it about a week in advance and I only made three things) I made a pumpkin pie, first one ever, and I loved it. We had it for breakfast the next few days with ice cream ( can you tell we are on vacation?). I also made rolls from my Lions House Cookbook. They turned out great too. Brad made mashed potatoes all by himself (he really is great in the kitchen). And we had famous cranberry sparkle and Sun Chips.

Of course we ate at out favorite place, Brett and Seleta's. Seleta cooked the turkey which turned out excellent. We ended up having one other first year Owen and his fiance Anna over with us as well. They were very pleasant and we all had a good time watching the dog pageant and just a little football. Brad had us doing some puzzles with Popsicles sticks which turned out to be very entertaining and we just hung out all day.


Here is our winter wonderland


Seleta is such a hostess!



The Grinch, himself carved the... pies.

1 comment:

Tom Hyatt said...

I enjoyed hearing and seeing about your Thanksgiving there. Reminds me of our 1979 Thanksgiving in Ft. Worth Tx, when Shannon was 2 yrs old. We had invited our Elder's Quorum President over (I don't remember his name) and foisted on him (along with the usual dinner) a mock pecan pie made with pinto beans. I had found a recipe somewhere and had been intrigued (plus, we were poor). As I remember it tasted pretty good, and didn't have any untoward side effects, thought I felt guilty not confessing to him the contents until after we ate it.

Glad you could be with good friends!

Love, Dad Hyatt